Jade Park tagged me to reveal 8 things about me, so here goes:
- I am afraid of the number 8, which might be why this meme took so long to tackle. This also makes me a bit wary of this year—2008—but I’m trying to see past it (mainly because 2 + 0 + 0 + 8 = 10 and 1 + 0 = 1, so no worries, right?).
- I’ve believed in reincarnation since I was a kid. There’s no logic in this belief, no set religion to hang my hat on, I’ve just always found it true. I don’t know what my past lives were, but I’m sure I’ve had them.
- I might never learn to drive. I had the opportunity to get my driver’s license at 16 but never did. I’m not sure if I’ll ever get around to it.
- Balls are magnetically attracted to my head. This is why I avoid walking too close to soccer fields. (This is also true of Frisbees.)
- I do not really know how to wear makeup. My baby sister actually taught me how to put on foundation and eyeliner when I was in my twenties; I’m still not so good at it.
- I had a hamburger once in my life—and hated it. I can’t remember, but I might have thrown up. But I liked salami the few times I had it as a kid. The thought of that now makes me shudder.
- The Pixies saved my life. When I was 14 and on into 15 I was misguided and thought the cool and rebellious thing to do was like heavy metal. Then an old friend came to visit and told me she’d brought something I just HAD to hear. She popped in a cassette tape that changed everything I thought about what music could be. It was Surfer Rosa. My eyes were opened and life was never the same again. Thank you, Pixies.
- The title of this post is a lie. Everything in my life is about writing—I can’t help it. It’s pretty much all I am.
I tag: Oslowe—just to annoy him.