Headache

I was felled by a headache—not only did I miss work, but I couldn’t write, which, in my mind, is far, far worse. I think I’m overwhelmed. I think I’m having trouble facing life. If it were just me and the novel, I think I’d be fine. But who has a non-busy life leisurely walking down the sidewalk just you and your novel? I have to go to work now. I’m really tired.

p.s. No Twitter until the first draft is complete.

7 thoughts on “Headache

1. jadepark September 11, 2008 / 9:26 am

I will miss you on twitter–but the novel comes first. I also want to thank you for helping me yesterday, despite your headache! 🙂 Big hugs to you!

2. oslowe September 11, 2008 / 3:11 pm

Well, I’m gonna stop twitting then. I’ll save all my twits for you.

3. weltschmerz September 11, 2008 / 10:04 pm

Like Jadepark says, miss you, but Novel is more important now.

But I really really hope you feel better and can take some time to take care of yourself in the midst of all of this. I know, it sounds impossible. But maybe someday soon you can take that walk down the sidewalk and your novel will be the one that pays for your coffee.

Take care!

4. courtney September 11, 2008 / 11:26 pm

I’m rooting for you! You can do this, Nova. Hang in there and take care of yourself while you’re doing it.

5. nova September 12, 2008 / 6:35 am

Thanks, guys. Twitter is just so deliciously addicting (and neverending), I don’t think I should be allowed near it in this state. I will try to take better care of myself, but why is trying to be a writer so hard?

Okay, got my whining out of the way for the day!

6. bookfraud September 12, 2008 / 10:23 am

as someone who suffered stress-related headaches through his 20s and 30s, i can relate. writing a novel is difficult business. hang in there.

also, excedrin works wonders, at least for me. along with some vodka. for a few hours, at least. but you can’t write after swilling an excedrin-vodka cocktail.

7. oslowe September 13, 2008 / 10:42 am

er… I broke. I’m such a twit. I’m sorry. I’ll write you an extra-long email as consolation.