Evidence

Wrote it. Rewrote it. And now took the plunge and printed it.

Next up: More work on it before the official due date to the publisher (February 1st).

But also? The next book! How soon is too soon to dive in?

18 thoughts on “Evidence

1. Annika January 11, 2010 / 10:57 pm

There must be some formula to determine when it is OK to move onto the next book. Like, say, Time Spent On Imaginary Girls Times .o125 Minus Number of Mochas Consumed Equals Length Of Mandatory Writing Hiatus.

• nova January 12, 2010 / 1:12 pm

My math is bad… does that mean I can start next Tuesday?

• nova January 12, 2010 / 1:13 pm

I love it! I love how we finished around the same time too 🙂

(You know me so well with the odd number of smileys… )

2. Fiona Skye January 12, 2010 / 2:34 am

I don’t think it’s ever too soon to think about the next book. I’ve already begun researching the next one. I give you permission to do so as well. 🙂

• nova January 12, 2010 / 1:14 pm

Done! 😉

3. Brian C. Williams January 12, 2010 / 3:29 am

I just found out they have a copy of your book at one of our local libraries and I put it on hold. Can’t wait to read it 🙂

• nova January 12, 2010 / 1:15 pm

Oh, I do hope you enjoy it! Thank you so much for taking the time to read it.

4. Cat January 12, 2010 / 8:03 am

Having just used my special x-ray eyes, I can safely say that this is a beautifully written manuscript! When to start on the next book? Ideally, sometime soon, so we can read it soon. Thanks Nova!

• nova January 12, 2010 / 1:29 pm

So relieved for your special x-ray eyes! I sure hope they’re right!

Thanks so much, Cat 🙂

5. Valerie January 12, 2010 / 3:42 pm

Congrats! I did that this weekend. I’m overwhelmed by all the paper but excited to finally be revising.

I don’t think it’s ever too soon to start thinking about your next book!

• nova January 14, 2010 / 1:02 pm

Valerie, CONGRATS to you too! I hope revising is treating you well! At the moment, I’m having quite a lot of fun with it. Hope that lasts… and hope you are as well.

(I admit I’ve been thinking about the next book—TWO next books, honestly—for weeks and weeks now. They really want some attention!)

• nova January 14, 2010 / 1:03 pm

Thank you, Michelle! I hope your own novel is going well, too!

6. Joemmama January 13, 2010 / 9:59 am

I have been lurking forever, watching your progress. Congratulations!! I feel like a proud parent. You have achieved something many others wish for through hard work and persistence.
    You go girl!!

• nova January 14, 2010 / 1:07 pm

Joemmama, Thanks for commenting! And thank you for the support. I really really can use it, can you tell? Thank you!

7. blahblahblah January 22, 2010 / 11:29 am

wow. write that book! best of luck, break a leg baby