Reading Out Loud in Front of People and, for This, I Think I Need New Shoes

Where I’ll be next Saturday, February 27:

At a Barnes & Noble.

In Kingston, New York, minutes from where I grew up.

Reading pages from DANI NOIR…

(Likely an abridged version of chapter one, though I might surprise you.)

at 2 p.m.

There will be a Q&A after and then I’ll sign books.

Don’t you agree I need new shoes for this event? Blue ones or red ones or violet ones? Don’t you think that—even if no one sees my shoes while I’m reading—that I should be wearing new shoes?

Or new socks? At least new socks?

If you’ll be in or around the Hudson Valley on Saturday, Feb, 27, I hope to see you there!

9 thoughts on “Reading Out Loud in Front of People and, for This, I Think I Need New Shoes

1. Debbie Duncan February 19, 2010 / 10:38 pm

Definitely new shoes or socks. I recommend SmartWool cushioned socks – hug your feet better than ANYTHING, and come in fun multicolored stripes. It’s still winter in New York, isn’t it?

• nova February 20, 2010 / 8:27 am

Thanks, Debbie. You’re right, it’ll probably be freezing upstate on Feb. 27, so I guess I should keep that in mind!

2. Fiona Skye February 20, 2010 / 2:53 am

I wish I could be there! And go with new , violet shoes. One can never go wrong with new shoes, especially if they’re violet.

• nova February 20, 2010 / 8:28 am

I would love a pair of violet shoes!

3. Cat February 20, 2010 / 6:40 am

I’m thinking red shoes, with blacka nd white striped socks. Good luck with the reading Nova – bet you rock it!

Please could you do a reading in NYC between 10th and 15th March? If so, I’ll be there! With bells on.

• nova February 20, 2010 / 8:30 am

I used to have red shoes that I’d wear with black and white striped socks, but I have the shoes no longer (though I still have the socks)… how well you know me!

Also, does this mean you’ll be in NYC next month? Because I will be here too. I hope I get to meet you so I can congratulate you on your book deal in person!

• Cat February 20, 2010 / 9:30 am

It’s such a good combo! I love stripey socks – they make every day just that little bit better.

It’d be awesome to meet you – I’d be well up for that!

4. Annika February 20, 2010 / 11:20 am

Yes! Pretty shoes!

5. Bri February 23, 2010 / 1:02 am

You should get new shoes! Bookstore readings don’t happen every day.