17 & GONE Cover and Plot Summary Revealed!

Will you strangle me if I write one of those giddy, long-winded blog posts authors sometimes write saying I have a new book cover to show you and then it takes, oh, 17 paragraphs to get to the actual cover and you just end up scrolling down to see it anyway?

Don’t strangle me. I have a new book cover to show you!

I’m so thrilled to be able to tell you about my next YA novel coming out with Dutton on March 21, 2013. It’s called 17 & Gone—and the title and this Pinterest inspiration board are pretty much all I’ve told the world about it so far… until today.

Now I’m excited to reveal it!

The cover of my new novel, 17 & Gone, and the plot summary:

Seventeen-year-old Lauren is having visions of girls who have gone missing. And all these girls have just one thing in common—they are 17 and gone without a trace. As Lauren struggles to shake these waking nightmares, impossible questions demand urgent answers: Why are the girls speaking to Lauren? How can she help them? And . . . is she next? As Lauren searches for clues, everything begins to unravel, and when a brush with death lands her in the hospital, a shocking truth emerges, changing everything.

!!!

There is so much to this cover that strikes me and speaks to me about the book that I can hardly contain myself: the haunting figure of the girl, the fiery color scheme, the abandoned building, the distressed and water-stained type, and the ghosted “missing poster” and stats for a runaway named Abigail Sinclair… all of these things are significant.

This is the book that has been haunting me, begging me to do it justice. And all throughout the madness and dark places I had to go to write this, I had this amazing editor to work with, Julie Strauss-Gabel, who has this way of seeing into me and knowing just what I am trying to say before I can fully articulate it into, you know, a working plot. Her powers as an editor are uncanny… supernatural even. I can’t imagine writing this book without her.

I know I’ve been so secretive about this book for so long, so tell me…

What do you think of the cover for 17 & Gone? I hope it entices you to read the book!

p.s. If you’re wildly excited to read 17 & Gone (coming out March 21, 2013, from Dutton!) you can pre-order it from your local indie or from Amazon (I’ll insert B&N and more indie links when they are active)—and you can add it to your shelf on Goodreads.

Bloggers, reviewers, and librarians: I’m not sure when ARCs will be ready, but you are welcome to fill out this form to request an ARC of 17 & Gone here.

45 responses to “17 & GONE Cover and Plot Summary Revealed!”

1. Patty says:

THis is GORGEOUS! I love the gauzy image. Can’t wait to read it!

2. Flippin’ FABULOUS!!!!!

3. This cover is amazing! Very haunting and mysterious and I can’t wait to read it!

4. Susan Adrian says:

Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Is what I have to say about that! Nova, it’s GORGEOUS, and sounds so intriguing! Can I read it now? 😉

5. Ivya says:

The plot sounds great, I love these types of stories! ^^ And what to say about the cover?! Awesome!! ❤

6. BookChic says:

OMG I LOVE IT!! It sounds so good and I can’t wait to read it- will definitely be filling out that form.

7. Yay! I am sooooo excited! I filled out the request form and I hope they send me an ARC!

8. Very appealing and mysterious! Can’t wait to read it! Congrats and am happy that you’re happy with it!

9. This sounds so awesome!! Very excited to read it. Already placed it in my TBR on Goodreads. The cover is beautiful and scary, just like the plot sounds.

10. Elodie says:

This looks amazing! Very mysterious and haunted…I can’t wait to get my hands on it, I really enjoyed IMAGINARY GIRLS and this one sounds wow (for lack of better words :D)!

11. Camille says:

Love love love! I’m so excited for you, Nova! And I can’t wait to read it.

12. Stephanie P says:

Ooh it looks beautiful! Can’t wait to read it! Congratulations!

13. Sophie says:

Wow, this looks and sounds amazing!! Can’t wait to read it!

14. kaye says:

What I really love about the cover is that you can’t tell who it is – Lauren or any of the missing girls. I’m smitten with your writing and can’t wait to dive into the intricacies of how everything plays out. So excited, Nova! 🙂

15. Claire says:

This sounds WONDERFUL, Nova! Ahhh I can’t wait to read!

16. Robby says:

I adore this!

17. Oh, Nova! It’s beautiful! I can’t wait!

18. Ethel says:

I’ve loved every one of your covers, and wondered how the next one could possibly be as beautiful and inspiring as the previous ones, but each time, I am amazed! I CANNOT wait to hold one in my hands, to gaze at the cover and start turning the pages!

19. Kip Wilson says:

Oh, WOW!! I was already looking forward to reading it but that blurb and that cover? CHILLS. Cannot wait!

20. Karissa says:

Nova, this book sounds wonderful and haunting! The cover is gorgeous. Do you have any say in the cover design? How does that process work? I would love to hear about it! Nova, if you travelled to dark corners of yourself to write this, then I know, it’s going to be powerful. I can’t wait to read it!

21. Beautiful cover and awesome blurb. Sounds like my kind of book. 🙂

22. The cover is completely intriguing – and yes, it would definitely entice me into reading this book!

23. Mike Jung says:

Faaaaaaaaaantastic, Nova. Congrats!

24. Gorgeous, Nova!! I can’t wait to read it!

25. OMG.

Oh. Seriously: OHHHHH.

That cover is AMAZING! and it will appeal to SO MANY PEOPLE. And I know cover doesn’t matter but it cannot be denied that some YA covers turn adults off (and although I am not an adult I have some influence in my family’s reading), I bet my mom and dad would want this one! 🙂

Congratulations, Nova! I cannot wait to read it, I’ve heard GREAT things about it (mostly coming from C. Summers) 😉

26. Ginny says:

Oh this is beautiful!

27. Congratulations Nova! The cover is absolutely beautifully haunting! I can’t wait to get my little hands on it:)

28. Anne M Leone says:

Ohhh, such a gorgeous cover, it will pop off the shelf! And the description sounds wonderful, too. Can’t wait to read it!

29. Susan Lipson says:

I will turn this cover face out whenever I am in a bookstore, if it isn’t already displayed that way. No one could pass by the book without picking it up!

30. Sandy says:

I think this cover is absolutely stunning. I already have two posts brewing in my head to feature the cover on its own and the book in a Waiting on Wednesday post xD. Hopefully my ARC request gets accepted :).

31. jcestes says:

Love, love, love!!! And the plot! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one….

32. Ooh, that’s a great cover. Love the details! Congrats 😀

33. Natalie Dias Lorenzi says:

Fabulous cover and intriguing plot! Having read Imaginary Girls, I know that what’s on the pages of this new novel will surpass even that cover and jacket copy! Can’t wait!

34. Krispy says:

Haunting cover, and I love the blurb! Adding it to my TBR list asap!

35. Shelli says:

Gorgeous cover and I can’t wait to read it. You get the best covers, you know? I remember thinking the HB cover for Imaginary Girls was beautiful (and it was) and I had the same reaction to this one.

36. C. K. says:

It looks beautiful, Nova!

37. This is a striking cover, Nova! The plot summary and the cover have me even more impatient for March of 2013 now. I have no doubt this novel is going to creep me out in ways similar to “Imaginary Girls” and that’s just what I love about your writing.

38. Jeanne Ryan says:

Another fabulous cover to add to your collection! This image and the plot summary scream READ ME, NOW!! Looking forward to when I can.

39. Robin says:

So pretty – can’t wait!

40. Lauren says:

It’s amazing! The cover is fantastic, and the book sounds so good!

41. Breeann says:

Oh Nova, the summery and the cover are both GORGEOUS! I love how it looks like the cover is on fire, the wording, the girl, everything! This book sounds right up my alley! Cannot WAIT to read it, congrats! 🙂

42. Yes, fantastic cover and the premise is even better (of course)!! Very exciting!

43. […] words about my new cover! If you missed it, the 17 & GONE cover & plot summary revealed:https://distraction99.com/2012/06/27/17-gone-reveal/ – @novaren (Nova Ren Suma – Imaginary […]

44. Ah!! This looks and sounds SO good ! I can’t wait !!

45. Maureen McGowan says:

It’s fabulous! Very evocative!

%d bloggers like this: